Tuesday, May 09, 2006

better living through modern chemistry

well, i don't really know if it will be, but...

yeah...so...feeling as if i have failed to be able to control (*snort*) my own life, i have finally given in after months and months of not sleeping, depression and high anxiety (not the mel brooks kind) and gone to the doctor. i've been trying to fix things on my own and things are getting better, but i'm not who i am supposed to be and it hurts so much, anymore. after long contemplation and the added knowledge that this is round 4 of depression and round 3 of therapy AND my grandmother was clinically (although undiagnosed) depressed her entire life, i am now taking a pill for it all...and still having my wednesday evening rendezvous with judy the therapist.

well, actually it's 2 pills, right now.

one pill makes you smaller...ok not really. one pill to help me sleep as a temporary measure, the other to correct the imbalance of chemicals in my brain that causes me to look at the glass as not only half-empty, but as dirty, chipped, filled with crap-ass, cheap wine and completely undrinkable and unworthy of even tasting and completely petrified it will tip over, fall off the table and shatter into a million tiny pieces before i can catch it.

yeah, well...

the doctor said bunny will most likely notice differences in me before i will, if this pill is the right one for me. the sleeping one last night didn't help much. the doc gave me 3 different samples to try of that...but not all at once. *snort* on to sample #2 tonight and, hopefully, some decent, uninterrupted, deep sleep.

now, if only my eye would stop twitching and my nose would get better...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! I think I understand sweety... but you've got part of it mixed up.

Your NOSE is supposed to twitch,
not your eye.

Bunny noses twitch... you are just missing it by inches.

Anonymous said...

...and the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all. Go ask Alice! Happy that you will give drugs a chance. (Ha - sounds bizarre.) judy and the pharmacist together - the magic potion? I sure hope so. That twitchy eye thing - I'm with bunny. That's for noses. Love AND HOPE! April