Monday, April 10, 2006

an unremarkable nose

it seems of late, my decision-making ability has taken a vacation. normally a fairly decisive person, my befuddled state has caused this ability to take a leave of absence until the situation improves. in order for the situation to improve, i need my decisive abilities...vicious circle, ain't it?

~but i digress~

i am home today. i do not feel well. i have no idea if it has to do with my nose, my state of mind or an outside invader. at any rate, i canceled on work and the dentist (i was not upset to cancel on the dentist) and stayed home.

la schnozz is aching today and the body feels like it's been through a few rounds with the great ali. *sigh*

i wonder constantly if trying to figure out what is wrong with my nose is a waste of time (not to mention money). while it can be difficult to cope with non-allergic, allergy symptoms and an aching nose with no cause, i am tired of no answer and more tests and referrals. the latest experience with the e.n.t. left a sour taste in my mouth and not because he actually did what i was supposed to be there for, but because he had absolutely no idea why i was there, told me nothing, patronized me and charged me for it.

yeah, medicine is great, sometimes.

he said i had an unremarkable nose.

if my nose is so freaking unremarkable...why does it hurt!?!?!?

i am on the point of giving up. i am tired. i am so tired that some days i can't even put one foot in front of the other. this probably has nothing to do with my nose and more to do with everything else i experience/have experienced since moving here.

yeah, an unremarkable nose.

3 comments:

Ungruntled said...

Don't give up, Ms. Pinwheel. I'd miss you. And, as we all know, it's all about me. ;)

Seriously though. Hang on. Count dem blessin's. Take a day off to watch the sun come up then go down again. Eat chocolate. Study a leaf. Feel the wind in your hair. Do one thing you secretly desired but never thought you'd do. Stand by a Keep Off the Grass sign. Call an old friend. Burn a bill. Hug someone for as long as you both can stand it.

Throw the dice.

*hug*

Angela said...

Who's with me on May 1st?

karlthebunny said...

I happen to like that "unremarkable nose".

It is in the middle of a face I am in luv with.

And as pretty as the eyes are, they need the nose in the middle of them to balance things out.

Please keep it!!!